8.6.11

The journey

I awoke to the sound of nothing,it had been about six maybe seven hours since I left home. I awoke to scilence, looking around the bus no one was taking to each other nor were they even looking around at others on the bus. It was quiet and dreey almost like a library. I could only assume that ever one was thinking about their lives and the decisions that they have made, some might have even been contemplating what waits them at our finnal destination. Me I knew the choice I had made. Some people where good at fixing things and became mechanics, some where good with people and became doctors or psychiatrists. Me I was good at one thing, WAR, I was a tactical thinker, short tempered, but serving the us military I always came home even when most of my team didn't. I knew what I was doing and I was probably the only one on the bus who did. I tried the out side world and it didn't work, so it was time to go back to what I knew and now with the demise of country based military organizations and the replacement of PMC I joined the PMC'S.
Eventually I fell back to sleep and when I awoke a second time it was dark outside. The bus drive announced that we'd all had rooms at the motel and that the bus would level first thing in the morning at 0630 for Washington State. Wel all unloaded and got our room assigment, I was stuck the the short guy who looked well educated. So when we got to the room I decided to break the unending scilence and introduce my self to him.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like that libraries are characterized as dreary, but the aside from that, I like where this narrative thread is leading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete