8.6.11

The Bus Ride

The bus pulled up about 0700
It was a hot humid june day. I said bye to my room mate handed him my keys. Picked up my cats kissed them goodbye grabbed my duffel bag and headed down to the bus. The drive look like he was 90 years old with long white hair in a pony tail and breath that smelled like mothballs. He yelled at me 'get to the back of the bus".  it was like a refugee transport packed with men and women. Dirty tired hungry and with no allegiance these men and women where the future warrior of a faceless army. On my way back I past a man who looked like he played pro-football at one time, sitting next to him squashed yup against the window was a tiny middle eastern man who looked like a techno nerd.  About half way back was a man about 5,7 who looked well traveled and well educated not a place id think to see some one like him. Behind him was a tall girl looked like she played professional sports with her sporty cloths and long pony tail. She was chatting with a tall man who looked like he did time in a military outfit. At the very back was a tall lanky man who look to be very quiet I sat next to him. Apon second glans when i sat down he had the hands of an engineer. Before I knew it the bus was moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment