9.6.11

Fate's Intertwined (Part One)

The hotel room was a standard room 2 bed no cable T.V. My room mate for the night was on his bed reading book, which was rather old from the condition the book appeared to be in. I walked over and introduced my self to him, "Ha I'm Matt" He turned away from his book with a look at me like why are you talking to me, but after a few moments of silence he answered me. "people just call me LT". On the account that I was the most educated man working manual labor down at my old construction site. I was a little throw off at this point as I didn't expect him to be a construction worker. He looked like he belonged in a college like Harvard. But I know if he did that kind of work he must also drank so I asked him if he cared to go the the bar down the street for a few drinks. I guess I struck a cord with him cause he was all over the idea.

We headed down the street to a bar called Cooper,s tavern not but maybe a half a mile away. It was an interesting place, walking up to it there was nothing on Esther side of the road. Just wilderness, and as you got closer all you saw where these with dots on a black curten. Me being for the urban/city area I was expecting to see neon sights, cars all over, people drunk and stumbling. But there wasn't any of that, this tavern had little to no power at all, most like cause of the rolling brown outs from lack of coal and oil from over sea's. But they made it work. Candles light the wooden porch leading up to the door and the windows had candles inside them as well. It honestly looked like an old old old tavern you would have found in the days of knights and nobles. To my surprise when we got there a bunch of people from the bus were there drink too.

No comments:

Post a Comment